im·er·i·nite | \ ˌiməˈrēˌnīt\
Definition of imerinite
: a monoclinic amphibole Na2(Mg,Fe)6Si8O22(O,OH)2 that is related to richterite and occurs in colorless to blue acicular crystals : a basic silicate of sodium, iron, and magnesium
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game