less common spelling of ylang-ylang
1 : a tree (Cananga odorata) of the custard-apple family that is native to the Malay Archipelago, the Philippines, and adjacent areas and has very fragrant greenish-yellow flowers
2 : a perfume distilled from the flowers of the ylang-ylang tree
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game