if/had (two people's) situations been reversedidiom
Definition of if/had (two people's) situations been reversed
—used to say how someone would have done something if he or she and another person had been in each other's situations If/Had their situations been reversed, she would have done the same.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?