if nothing elseidiom
Definition of if nothing else
—used to say that something is probably the only thing that is true, acceptable, desirable, or certain because there are no better/worse possibilities The food is cheap, if nothing else.If nothing else, there's the party (to go to) this evening.If nothing else, you should send him a card.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?