if looks could kill, I'd be dead right nowidiom
Definition of if looks could kill, I'd be dead right now
—used to mean that someone looked at one in a very angry way I've never seen her so angry. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. —often used in the shortened form if looks could kill I've never seen her so angry. If looks could kill!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game