if looks could kill, I'd be dead right nowidiom
Definition of if looks could kill, I'd be dead right now
—used to mean that someone looked at one in a very angry way I've never seen her so angry. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. —often used in the shortened form if looks could kill I've never seen her so angry. If looks could kill!
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game