if it's the last thing someone (ever) doesidiom
Definition of if it's the last thing someone (ever) does
—used to say that someone is determined to do something He'll have his revenge if it's the last thing he (ever) does!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game