ice over/upphrasal verb
iced over/up; icing over/up; ices over/up
Definition of ice over/up
: to become covered with ice The freezing rain caused the roads to ice over. As the weather grew colder, the pond iced over. The wings of the plane iced up during the storm.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game