hys·taz·a·rin | \ hə̇ˈstazərə̇n\
Definition of hystazarin
: a yellow crystalline compound C14H6O2(OH)2 produced along with its isomer alizarin by condensation of phthalic anhydride and pyrocatechol; 2,3-dihydroxy-anthraquinone
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game