Definition of hypobromous acid
: an unstable acid HBrO that resembles hypochlorous acid and is obtained in solution by reaction of bromine water with silver nitrate or in the form of unstable salts by reaction of bromine with alkaline solutions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?