variants: or hyodesoxycholic acid \ ¦hī(ˌ)ō+...- \
Definition of hyodeoxycholic acid
: a crystalline bile acid C22H37(OH)2COOH found in the bile of the pig and wild boar; 3,6-dihydroxy-cholanic acid
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?