hy·dro·metamorphism | \ "+\
Definition of hydrometamorphism
: the alteration of rock by the addition, subtraction, or exchange of material brought or carried in solution by water and without the influence of high temperature or pressure — compare dynamometamorphism
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game