hy·dro·metamorphism | \ "+\
Definition of hydrometamorphism
: the alteration of rock by the addition, subtraction, or exchange of material brought or carried in solution by water and without the influence of high temperature or pressure — compare dynamometamorphism
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game