Definition of hydrogrossularite
: a mineral Ca3Al2(SiO4)3−x(OH)4x, consisting of silicate of calcium and aluminum in which silicon is partly replaced by hydrogen with x near ¹/₂ : one of the hydrogarnets intermediate between grossularite (x =0) and hibschite (x =1)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game