Definition of hydrogrossularite
: a mineral Ca3Al2(SiO4)3−x(OH)4x, consisting of silicate of calcium and aluminum in which silicon is partly replaced by hydrogen with x near ¹/₂ : one of the hydrogarnets intermediate between grossularite (x =0) and hibschite (x =1)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Looking at ‘Bothsidesing’
- On ‘Infringe,’ ‘Encroach,’ and ‘Impinge’
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/20/19
- A Note on the Nonbinary 'They'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?