hy·draz·o·benzene | \ hī¦drazō, ¦hīdrəzō+\
Definition of hydrazobenzene
: a crystalline compound C6H5NHNHC6H5 obtained by alkaline reduction of nitrobenzene or azobenzene and capable of being converted into aniline by reduction, into azobenzene by oxidation, and into benzidine by rearrangement in the presence of hydrochloric acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game