variants: or hydraulic grade line
Definition of hydraulic gradient
: a line joining the points of highest elevation of water in a series of vertical open pipes rising from a pipeline in which water flows under pressure
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game