variants: or hybrid perpetual rose
Definition of hybrid perpetual
: any of certain cultivated bush roses derived chiefly from the bourbon and characterized by vigorous hardy growth, a tendency to recurrent blooming, and good-sized often fragrant flowers borne singly or in groups of two to five — see hybrid tea
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game