\ -rȯz, -räz-, -rȧz-\
variants: or less commonly hoorah's nest \ " \ or hooraw's nest \ " \
Definition of hurrah's nest
: an untidy heap : mess in spite of all efforts, the lockers generally become a hurrah's nest … a place for everything and nothing in its place— S. S. Rabl specifically : a tangle of debris blocking a trail or stream
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?