\ -rȯz, -räz-, -rȧz-\
variants: or less commonly hoorah's nest \ " \ or hooraw's nest \ " \
Definition of hurrah's nest
: an untidy heap : mess in spite of all efforts, the lockers generally become a hurrah's nest … a place for everything and nothing in its place— S. S. Rabl specifically : a tangle of debris blocking a trail or stream
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game