Definition of hunting ground
: a place or area used for hunting specifically : a region in which game is hunted the planting of waterfowl food in the public hunting grounds — J. B. Robson the hunting ground of a peaceful tribe — compare happy hunting ground
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game