Definition of house fungus
: any of several saprophytic fungi (as Coniophora cerebella and Merulius lacrymans) developing upon and rotting wood exposed to moisture in houses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game