plural hospital corners
Definition of hospital corner
: a neatly folded corner on a bed formed when the corner of a sheet or bedspread is tucked under the mattress The boys wore knickers to school, and, starting at age five, made their own beds, with hospital corners.— Dale Russakoff The couple were gone, but the bed was made with hospital corners and a thin brown blanket.— Sam Lipsyte
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game