hortense violetnoun, often capitalized H
Definition of hortense violet
: a moderate purple that is bluer and duller than heliotrope (see heliotrope sense 4a), bluer, lighter, and stronger than average amethyst, and bluer, stronger, and slightly lighter than manganese violet
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?