Definition of horsebush
in the Bahama islands
: any of several plants: such as
a : a West Indian tree (Peltophorum adnatum) of the family Leguminosae with densely brown-tomentose foliage and racemose yellow flowers
b : an annual weedy herb (Heliotropium parviflorum) with spicate white flowers
c : a West Indian sticky shrub (Gundlachia corymbosa) of the family Compositae with alternate leaves and many small white flowers in corymbose heads
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game