Definition of horse crab
1 : horseshoe crab
2 : either of two very large crabs (Telmessus cheiragonus and Erimacrus isenbeckii) widely distributed in waters of moderate depths along the coasts of the northern Pacific ocean
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?