Definition of horn spoon
1 : a spoon made of horn —used chiefly interjectionally in the phrase by the great horn spoon cookies, by the great horn spoon— Hamlin Garland
2 or less commonly horn : a small receptacle like a trough made from a section of cow horn and used for careful washing tests in gold mining
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?