hop·per·doz·er | \ ˈhäpə(r)ˌdōzə(r)\
Definition of hopperdozer
: a device for catching and destroying insects (as grasshoppers) that is drawn on runners across a field and has a shield against which insects jump and fall into a pan containing kerosene or oil
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game