home in onphrasal verb
homed in on; homing in on; homes in on
Definition of home in on
: to find and move directly toward (someone or something) The missile was homing in on its target. —often used figuratively Researchers are homing in on the cause of the disease.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?