hollywoodizetransitive verb, often capitalized
hol·ly·wood·ize | \ -ˌdīz\
Definition of hollywoodize
: to make (someone or something, such as an author or his or her writings) conform to standards set up by the American motion-picture industry does not believe that the author can be completely Hollywoodized— A. A. VanDuym
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game