hol·er | \ ˈhōlə(r)\
Definition of holer
1 : one that digs or fashions holes
2 : one that has a specified number of holes —used in combinations the golf course was only a nine-holerthe outhouse was a two-holer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?