hold/hang on a momentidiom
Definition of hold/hang on a moment
—used to tell someone to wait or to stop for a brief time "Aren't you finished yet?" "Hold on a moment. I'm almost done."Hang on a moment—I don't understand.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game