hold (all/all of) the cardsidiom
Definition of hold (all/all of) the cards
: to be in control of a situation and have the power to make decisions It's your decision. You're holding all the cards.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game