variants: or less commonly hogging \ ˈhȯgə̇n , ˈhäg- , -giŋ \
Definition of hoggin
: a material composed of screenings or siftings of gravel or of a mixture of loam, coarse sand, and fine gravel
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game