hobble outtransitive verb
Definition of hobble out
: to attach hobbles to (as a horse) and allow to wander about especially in a pasture had hobbled out some horses not far from his cabin— Ross Santee and hobbled the animals out to graze— Fred Gipson
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?