Definition of hit bottom
: to reach the lowest point, state, or condition After weeks of losing value, the company's stocks have hit bottom. I hit bottom after my wife walked out and I turned to alcohol.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game