history is on someone's sideidiom
Definition of history is on someone's side
—used to say that it is a good thing for someone that the fact that something happened in the past means it will likely happen again They believe that they will succeed because history is on their side.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game