his·pa | \ ˈhispə\
Definition of hispa
1 capitalized : a genus (often the type of the family Hispidae) of spiny Old World beetles with larvae that are leaf miners
2 plural -s : a beetle of Hispa or various closely related genera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game