his/her/my eyes roamidiom
Definition of his/her/my eyes roam
—used to say that a person is looking all around a place or all over something Her eyes roamed the room in search of the cat.My eyes roamed the crowd in search of my friend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game