Definition of high-frequency telephony
: an art or process of telephonic communication by means of carrier currents over electric conductors (as transmission lines) through the use of transmitting and receiving equipment like those used in radio
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game