Definition of hic jacet
(Entry 1 of 2)
hic jacetLatin phrase
Definition of hic jacet (Entry 2 of 2)
: here lies —used especially preceding a name on a tombstone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?