her·a·path·ite | \ ˈherəˌpaˌthīt, -pȧˌ-\
Definition of herapathite
: a salt of quinine that is obtained by treating the sulfate with iodine in the form of rhomboidal plates capable of polarizing light and that is used as a polarizing agent usually in the form of small crystals oriented in the same direction in a transparent film
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game