hep·ta·decyl | \ ˌheptəˈdesə̇l, -dēs-\
Definition of heptadecyl
: any of several univalent radicals C17H35 derived from the heptadecanes by removal of one hydrogen atom especially : the normal radical CH3(CH2)15CH2−
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?