hel·i·ci·na | \ ˌheləˈsīnə \
Definition of helicina
1 capitalized : a genus of operculate land snails (suborder Rhipidoglossa) that occur chiefly in warm regions and are distinguished by a short-spired shell, a single auricle, and a pulmonary chamber replacing the gill
2 plural -s : any mollusk shell of the genus Helicina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- The Words of the Week - 6/11/2021
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game