Definition of heavy chemical
: a chemical produced and handled in large lots (as a ton or more a day) and often in a more or less crude state —used especially of acids (as sulfuric acid), alkalies, and salts (as aluminum sulfate) — compare fine chemical
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game