have/share (something) in commonidiom
Definition of have/share (something) in common
: to have (a feature or characteristic) which is shared Intersecting lines have one point in common. The cameras share some basic features in common. The two cultures have a lot in common (with each other).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?