have/get a corner onidiom
Definition of have/get a corner on
: to have or get enough of (something) to be able to control its price He has a corner on the silver market. —often used figuratively He acts like he has a corner on new ideas.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game