have/throw/pitch a tantrumidiom
Definition of have/throw/pitch a tantrum
—used to mean a child has an angry outburst or someone who is not a child gets very angry and upset and behaves like a child When he doesn't get his way, he throws a tantrum.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game