have againstphrasal verb
had against; having against; has against
Definition of have against
: to have (something) as a reason for not liking (someone or something) She has a grudge against her former boss. What do you have against him? I have nothing against her personally—it's her friends I don't like. —also used with got She's got a grudge against her former boss.What have you got against him?
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?