have a way of (being something or doing something)idiom
Definition of have a way of (being something or doing something)
: to often have a characteristic or to frequently do something She has a way of exaggerating when she tells stories. Life has a way of surprising us now and then.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game