have a thin time (of it)idiom
Definition of have a thin time (of it)
: to be in a difficult situation especially because one does not have enough money He was having a thin time of it until his novel started selling.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game