have a thin time (of it)idiom
Definition of have a thin time (of it)
: to be in a difficult situation especially because one does not have enough money He was having a thin time of it until his novel started selling.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game