have a good mindidiom
Definition of have a good mind
—used to express the feeling especially when angry and annoyed that one would like to do something while at the same time not really planning to do it used with to + verb I have a good mind to go over there and tell him to be quiet.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 12/6/19
- Getting with the ‘Program’ (or ‘Programme’)
- Why Do We Say Teams Get a 'Bye'?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/29/19
Ask the Editors
- Semantic Drift Quiz Take the quiz
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game