have (something) (all) to oneselfidiom
Definition of have (something) (all) to oneself
—used to say that one is the only one who is using something or who is in a place I finally had the computer all to myself.We had the whole house to ourselves.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game